Bronte pistachio pesto is a pistachio cream, which is ideal as seasoning for pasta, meat or fish. It can also be tasted on toasted bread and served as tasty appetizers.
- PDO pistachio pesto from Bronte
- PDO pistachio from Bronte
For 4 people (250 g of product):
• 150 g sweet or toasted Bronte pistachios, already cleaned
• 40 g grated Parmesan cheese
• 20 g pine nuts
• 1 clove garlic (of your choice)
• 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• salt and pepper as required
1. Clean the pistachios (if you use the sweet ones, blanch them in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then remove the skin; if you use the toasted and salted ones, shell and remove with your hands the dried skin).
2. Put the pistachios in a blender, together with the garlic (of your choice), pine nuts, grated Parmesan, salt, pepper.
3. Beat everything and add the olive oil until you get a creamy sauce. Then, store it in the refrigerator in hermetically sealed glass jars.